Frozen Spinach Casserole
photo by rosie316
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (coarsely grated)
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk half-and-half, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg together; stir in 1 +1/2 cups of the cheese then the spinach. Spread evenly in prepared baking dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until set in the middle and top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love this recipe. I made this following the instructions, but added a can of drained, chopped artichoke hearts to it with a bit more half & half. It bakes up beautifully. Since it was just hubby and I, we had leftovers. The following day, I then put the leftovers in my "Little Dipper" crock, added a splash more half & half and and about 1 ounce of cubed, cream cheese and let it go. This made for a wonderful dip with crispy pita chips. I'm so happy that you posted your recipe. (Made for PRMR)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/chelsea-1-1.jpg?t=1358729305 alt=width=320 height=234 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_2934e8e56debfb521317951198.jpg alt=width=160 height=160 /><img src=http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j446/pammyowl2/th_HPIM0151.jpg alt=width=160 height=90 /> alt= />I am an avid cook and baker. I have a Farmers Market stand where I sell breads and sweets. I am really enjouing my stand, as I get to make all kinds of breads, although the sweets are the big attraction! I am married to theworlds most wonderful man, have an aan amazingly brilliant child (of course I would say that!). In short, I am a verry happy, cheerful woman. Baking bread is my passion, but I love to cook anything. </p> <p>I have two great dogs, Jack and Lucy, a black lab and a boxer/pitbull mix, respectively.</p> <p>My rating system;</p> <p>5 stars= great, had fun making it and will make again</p> <p>4= made some changes as the recipe needed tweaking</p> <p>3= probably will not make again</p> <p>I will not post a 2 or 1 star rating, I'd rather post the review with no stars and share some possible fixes:)</p>