Spinach Carrot Loaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very elegant presentation, lovely color combination, subtly flavored. Make it the day before and pop into the oven the day of your dinner. Great chilled as a side dish on a buffet
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced & steamed until tender, cool
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed as dry as possible
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 5 egg whites
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté the garlic and onion until the onion is translucent; cool.
- Beat the egg and egg whites and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray veggie oil into a 1-quart loaf pan.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, oiled (you can also use wax paper).
- Purée the carrots with half of the onions, garlic, egg mixture parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Purée the spinach with the remaining ingredients (half of the onions, garlic, egg and parmesan etc).
- Smooth the top of the loaf and place the loaf in a 9x13-inch ovenproof dish. Pour boiling water into the dish bringing the water level to about half way up the side of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let the loaf rest in the water bath for 20 minutes before unmolding.
- You may serve this loaf hot, room temp or chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION