Spinach Artichoke Wontons
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 36 square wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Fill a large pot halfway up with vegetable oil and heat to 365 degrees F. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Once hot add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, mozzarella, parmesan and warm vegetables. Stir together until the cheeses have melted and the mixture is somewhat smooth. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- To shape the wontons, work with one wrapper at a time. Add about a teaspoon or two of the filling in the center. Brush the edges with egg wash and then seal into a triangle shape. Continue shaping until all the filling has been used.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add a few of the wontons at a time and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and continue frying the rest.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!