Spinach and Tortellini Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) bag of pre-washed fresh spinach (about 6 oz) or 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 lb frozen tortellini
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a 4 qt pot on medium heat.
- Add Chopped garlic and stir until softened.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Tortellini and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and cheese; adjust flavor with salt if needed.
- Remove and serve with garlic bread, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!