Spinach and Orange Salad
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach, cleaned and dried
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toast walnuts on a small baking sheetfor 6- 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Slice red onion; cut slices in half and separate rings.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine spinach, oranges and red onion in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and season to taste with salt and ground pepper.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One of the better spinach and orange salad's we've tried. The walnuts really make it. I left the honey out (diabetic), it was delicious anyway. I made the whole recipe, there are only two of us!! We pigged out on half of it on Fri. night and on Sat. night I stir fried the other half, very quickly, just enough to heat through, it was wonderful. The only thing I changed was the orange juice, had no concentrate, so used fresh.Thanks for sharing.