Spinach and Mushroom Black Bean Soup
This is a slight variation on the standard quick recipe for Black Bean soup, but I find it is much more rich and thick this way, and is a good way to get in those extra vegitable servings. Other veggies could be used as well, and you can use veggie broth instead of chicken.
- Ready In:
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup mushroom
- 2 tomatoes, pealed
- Drain and rinse the black beans and wash the veggies.
- Put two cans of the black beans in a blender with the broth, salsa, cumin, and pepper.
- Blend for two minutes.
- Add spinach and mushrooms, and blend for another four minutes, or until smooth.
- Pour into soup pan with remaining can of black beans, and cook for 20-25 minute.
- Serve as is, or with sour cream and corn chips.