Spinach and Meatball Soup With Outer Space Pasta
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (900 ml) package no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 cup bottled strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1 cup president's choice blue menu outer space pasta
- 24 frozen low-fat meatballs
- 1 cup packed Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, carrot, celery and zucchini. Cook while stirring occasionally until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add broth and passata; bring to a boil. Add pasta; stir occasionally until liquid returns to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir in frozen meatballs; return to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are heated through and pasta is tender but firm; about 7 to 9 minutes.
- 4. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted, about one minute.
- Chef's tip: Substitute a quarter cup frozen chopped spinach for fresh spinach, if that's what you have on hand.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!