Spinach and Green Apple Salad, Diabetic
There are other salads by the same name posted on Zaar. This one was has been lightened and made more healthy. The lovely colors are ideal for the holidays but it's easy to enjoy year round.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 5 cups lightly packed)
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted in a dry skillet over a medium-high flame until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the spinach with the dressing until evenly coated then divide the spinach among 4 serving plates.
- Core the apple and slice it into matchsticks.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the apple pieces on top of each salad.
- Follow with the walnut pieces.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 16 more