Spinach and Cheese Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- plain low-fat sour cream
- In a small skitter cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender but not brown, set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine the milk, eggs, pepper and thyme. Stir in cheese, add onion mixture and olive oil.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle/skillet over medium heat. For each pancake, drop about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle, batter will be thick. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surface are bubbly and edges are slightly dry, about 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300 degree oven.
- You can top with sour cream and Parmesan Cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! My name is Terri. I have been happily married for 28 years to Jim. We have 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy. I have a grandaughter, Delilah. She is 18 months old. We live in a rural area. We are animal lovers. We have 8 dogs, 6 cats, 2 rabbits and we have lots of ducks and geese. I love to cook and love to try new recipes. My favorite cookbook is an old Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have had before I was married. I like to sew, crochet and to do crafts. I am a 4-H Club Leader and I have a great group of kids this year. They keep me very busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. We do 3 fairs in the area. I also like to go to auctions, yard sales and I am always buying items from the kids that they are selling to raise money for school, church or a youth group. <img src="http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/CoffeeTeaSwap3.jpg"> <img src="http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/CoffeeTeaSwap2-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/CoffeeTeaSwap2-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg"> imghttp://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/luecke/i-recommend-participant.jpg <img src="http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/Acadia/Banners/CoffeeTeaSwap2-1.jpg"> [img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/luecke/i-recommend-participant.jpg[/img]