Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
12 stuffed mushrooms
- Pre-heat broiler on low.
- Clean mushrooms and scoop out gills, hollowing out to form cups.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tbs. butter and oil over med. heat.
- Cook mushrooms in butter and oil cap side down for about 4 min, flip and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove to a paper towel to drain of any liquid and cool.
- Stuff mushrooms with 1-2 tbs. dip (depending on size of mushrooms).
- In a small dish, melt 1 tbs. butter in microwave and stir in breadcrumbs until completely moistened.
- Sprinkle stuffed mushroom caps generously with breadcrumbs.
- Place caps on foil lined pan and broil on low for 4-5 minute or until breadcrumbs are brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really nice (and easy, too, if you have leftover dip). I first made my dip, then used 1 cup to fill my mushrooms. I guess, as it gets closer to Thanksgiving, I'll be able to find larger mushrooms for stuffing, but for now, I only had 18 that were on the smallish side. I liked the idea of browning the mushrooms in butter first, having never done that with stuffed mushrooms before. The end result was very light and tasty. Thanks for sharing your discovery!
Delicious! I don't have a regular spinach and artichoke dip, so I used a favourite spinach and feta dip (from my Greek delicatessen) to which I added some chopped artichoke hearts. I chopped the mushroom stems and sauteed them in a non-stick pan with 2 cloves of minced garlic (which I removed from the pan) before proceeding with step 4. These I then added to the dip, together with some dried thyme and a generous grinding of black pepper. We really enjoyed these stuffed mushrooms: a great blend of flavours! I shall make these again for serving at family gatherings. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<br /><br /><img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /></p>