Spicy Whitefish With Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Il Giardino restaurant in Naples
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (red snapper or orange roughy)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat olive oil in heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to skillet and saute until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer fish to platter.
- Add parsley and crushed pepper to same skillet and saute for one minute. Add tomatoes, olives and garlic. Saute about two minutes until tomatoes soften and get juicy. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over fish and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this last night, and it was AMAZING. I pretty much hate olives, but left them in because I knew my dinner guests like them, and I am glad I did. The only thing I changed was I added Balsamic vinegar to the "topping". I also prepared way too much of the topping for the amount of fish I had and used it the next day on some chicken wraps as a dressing (I added more balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the remaining topping into a dressing consistency). It was even more flavorful the next day of course! Thanks for sharing this recipe!Reply