Spicy Tomato Millet
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup millet, organic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped (or less)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, organic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried anise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Fry onion and garlic in oil, on medium heat, until tender.
- 2. Add jalapeno and millet. Cook, stirring often, for three minutes.
- 3. Stir tomato paste into two cups water.
- 4. Turn heat up to high. Add water-tomato mixture. Add marjoram, thyme, and anise. Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- 5. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to medium-low, adn cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 6. Turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes, or serve right away (with ginger-roasted vegetables beside). Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was different for me trying it and was pleasantly surprised how good. Mad for PAC 2010. I really liked it. I did follow exactly, even the organic requirements as I thought that was important. I did roast some veggies with a ginger taste and grilled some fresh fish as well. The combo was very good. My only thought, is that the recipe needed a fresh herb, maybe the thyme to brighten it up. It was seasoned well, but I wanted a fresh taste is all. But still very good. Love the peppers and the anise to make an interesting flavor. Thx Kim