Spicy Steak Quesadillas
Wolfgang Puck recipe that is to-die for! And makes excellent leftovers for lunches.
- Ready In:
- 4 flour tortillas, each 12 inches in diameter
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) sirloin steaks, grilled, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, drained of excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place 2 of the flour tortillas on a work surface; evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cheese on top of each tortilla. Divide the steak evenly between the 2 tortillas. Sprinkle with jalapeno to taste. Spoon 1/4 cup of the salsa over each; top with the remaining cheese. Place another tortilla on top of each quesadilla; press down firmly with your hands to seal.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add 1 1/2 teaspoon of the oil. Lower heat to medium; transfer one of the quesadillas to the pan. Cook until bottom tortilla is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Slide quesadilla to a dinner plate; invert another plate over it. Hold them together; flip plates to leave the quesadilla browned side up. Slide tortilla back into the hot pan to cook the other side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining quesadilla.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had some leftover grilled flank steak...and I thought this recipe could be put to good use...I was so correct in my thinking...I did cut the recipe in half because there's just two of us...we loved the flavor and the ease of preparing and cooking...this is a really nice quesadillas...thanks for posting it...Reply
see 1 more