Spicy Red Snapper
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon favorite hot pepper sauce
- prepared cooked rice (, to serve on the side)
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- Sprinkle the fillets with lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a skillet over med-low heat.
- Stir in the bell peppers and onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fillets and cook 1 minute per side.
- Leaving fillets in the skillet, add the wine, parsley, basil, cayenne and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof glass baking dish.
- Spoon tomatoes over the fish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and hot pepper sauce.
- Bake in oven until fish is opaque, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful spicy, tasty red snapper!! Left a nice tingle, I thought I had green bell pepper but it turned out to be unuseable, so I used mushroom instead, wooked out very well. DH really loved this fish, we both like the spicy taste, thanks for sharing a good one Dancer^, we'll be making this one again.Reply