Spicy Pot Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Here's something of a break from the traditional pot roast!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (9 ounce) package condensed mincemeat
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Crumble mincemeat & put in saucepan.
- Add water & stir until mincemeat is moistened completely.
- Add brandy, salt, ginger & tapioca.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove bone from meat.
- Tie string around boned roast to hold it together & to make carving easier.
- Put meat in pan with tight-fitting lid [or Dutch oven].
- Pour mincemeat mixture over chuck roast.
- Cover pan & bake 3 hours. Don't remove lid during cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION