Spicy Pork Skewers
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (if using metal skewers, proceed to step 2). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the pork, garlic, cumin, paprika, onion, salt, and pepper. Form into small meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball, then thread the meat onto the skewers.
- Lay skewers over medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have made kofta before but never with pork usualy I make them with lamb, but we like pork and this was a very nice change. As you can see from my picture I made them a bit bigger and a sausage shape and I cooked them under the grill in my oven, covering the skewers with foil so they didn't burn. You could really taste the cumin very nice indeed. I made them to the recipe apart from the shape and the grilling. Made for my three chefs Nov 09