Spicy Passion Fruit-Glazed Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup passion fruit pulp (about 4 passion fruit)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 32 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 8 lime wedges
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add passion fruit pulp, stirring well, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes.
- Strain passion fruit mixture through a sieve into a large bowl; discard seeds. Add lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper, and salt, stirring well. Set 1/2 cup passion fruit mixture aside. Add shrimp to remaining passion fruit mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done, basting with reserved 1/2 cup passion fruit mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a native Californian, born in the Los Angeles area, college in far northern California and now living in southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area. I love kids and animals. I am an active volunteer at my two teenage daughters' high school as well as a Girl Scout leader. We have two guinea pigs, one Dalmatian, one cockatiel, and one quarter-horse to keep us busy. I had a career as a marketing writer before I became a full-time mom and volunteer, but I still write all the time as well as participate in a monthly book club. I stay active and have Jazzercized for over 25 years on a regular basis. I also am trying to do some yoga now and ride horses for fun. I have loved getting involved in the RecipeZaar games and learning how to post the photos. I am currently playing on the Zaar World Tour and it is lots of fun! Have been a sports fan since childhood and definitely have enjoyed getting to know about hockey since we have a very successful NHL franchise in our area: Go Sharks! <img src="http://static.flickr.com/1310/902139984_71e1ab56a5.jpg" width="399" height="270"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/nowsonexitmusic/bumbag5.gif?t=1211686551"> <img src="http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/CulinaryQueen/zaargroupie.gif" width="300" height="220"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/de.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/123hitwonders.jpg" width="399" height="150"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/holiday-tag2-copy.gif" width="399" height="140"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"width="290" height="140"> <img src="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/housedaughter/fg.jpg" border="0" alt="F and G Swap">