Spicy Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Bored of the usual dinner menus, I came up with this new recipe one night. It is made of mainly Paneer (cottage cheese) and has a Indian touch to the lasagna.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups cottage cheese (Paneer, shredded)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 9 lasagna sheets
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (ground into a powder)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per instructions on box.
For the filling:
- Heat oil in pan and add the ginger and garlic paste and turmeric powder. Fry well till a little brown.
- Add onions and fry till brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining spices (red chili powder, clove powder, black pepper powder and salt) and fry.
- Add the shredded paneer and stir well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Let the filling cool.
- On the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan, place the lasagna sheets to cover the bottom surface.
- Spread the filling on top of the lasagne sheets.
- Top with half of the ricotta cheese and then spread some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place lasagne sheets on top to cover the entire surface.
- Repeat steps 8 - 11.
- Spread pizza sauce on top and cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or till cheese has melted and is browned a little on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION