Spicy Mayonnaise Dip
- Ready In:
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar or 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon mild chili paste (awaze)
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Place yolks, salt, awaze or berbere, white pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in mixing small bowl. Whisk with a fork or beat with a wooden spoon forcefully until creamy. Add ½ cup oil, drop by drop beating well all the time. By continuously beating, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Add ¼ cup oil and whisk well. Add another ¼ cup of oil drop by drop beating forcefully at all time. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon boiling water and whip well. Pour the rest of the oil slowly beating at the same time. Add remaining lemon juice and water; Beat until smooth and thick. If it becomes too thick, add one or more tablespoon of boiling water. Keep it in fridge stored in screw-top jar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!