Spicy Marinated Bacon
photo by Dave Clements
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs bacon, cheap is fine
- 1 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tong of sriraha sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons oriental chili paste or 3 teaspoons vietnamese garlic and red chile paste
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic omit if using the garlic chili
- Pour everything except the bacon in a one gallon bag and mix well shake and knead way longer than you think.
- Place the bacon in the bag one slice at a time moving the bag to cover each slice with the marinade or they will stick together and not marinate.
- when there isn't enough marinade to cover any more bacon stop filling even if it's a little more or less than 2 lbs.
- Place in the refrigerator, turning every time you open the fridge. Marinate at least over night up to a week. Over a week won't hurt the taste but the texture gets a little weird after a week or so.
- Grill very slowly. I prefer it slightly soft but you can crisp it up if you prefer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I always barbecued and camp cooked but now that I am retired and my wife is disabled I do almost all the cooking. My preference is for recipes that are fairly simple with over the top results. And most important I still ride my 1940 Indian!!