Spicy Korean Rice Cake With Cheese (Cheese Tteokbokki)
photo by ducky007
- Ready In:
- 600 g Korean Rice Cakes
- 2 tofu (abura age, sheets of fried tofu, sliced bite size)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (rectangular slices)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (cut into half)
- 400 ml water (you can adjust thickness of sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (white)
- 50 g cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons red chili paste (gochujang miso)
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1) Prepare boiled eggs, cut the veggies and abura-age.
- 2) In a bowl, mix gochujang sauce.
- 3) Boil the water in a frying pan. When it has boiled turn down to medium heat and add rice cake.
- 4) When rice cake is soft, simmer on a low heat and add all ingredients and combine with gochujang sauce.
- 5) When veggies are cooked through and sauce is thick, top with shredded cheese.
- 6) Sprinkle white sesame seed on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!