Spicy Kielbasa Pasta!
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs kielbasa (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 (1 lb) box bow tie pasta (or whatever floats your boat)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar prego pasta sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- The packet of crushed red pepper I used was from Pizza Hut, it was available & easy so I just added that. You can substitute about 1 tbsp crushed red pepper if you don't have one laying around --
- Prepare pasta according to package directions & drain. While pasta is cooking, heat butter & olive oil, add Kielbasa, crushed pepper & red bell pepper, sautee' until kielbasa is browned.
- In pasta pot add drained pasta, kielbasa mixture, pasta sauce & sour cream. Heat through, serve & top with parmesan to taste. You can omit the parmesan if you like, it's still very tasty!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My kiddos chose to cook this recipe for our 18th anniversary. It was fantastic!! They followed the recipe using Prego Chunky Roasted Garlic sauce, 1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes and topped with Parm-Reggiano. The addition of white or yellow onion would be wonderful for texture. This would work well with shrimp too.
Great easy pasta recipe. I put in 16oz of Roasted Onion & Garlic sauce, and ended up adding the full 24 oz. I think the bolder flavors in the sauce really helped add to this dish. I waited 5 minutes to add the red pepper and added peas like another reviewer suggested and they were great. Thanks for the keeper Babychops!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an experimental cook at home, I love to find new things to make and I try to spoil my honeybunny with something different every night for dinner (unless he requests do-overs of course!). I absolutely love this site ~ it's the first time I've ever thought to publish my recipes, I love to share & hope y'all will love them as much as we do! I love that I don't have to buy cookbooks anymore! <br /> <br />When I'm not at work I love to play with my 2 warmblood horses, a beloved hobby in my country home in Valley Center, they are an Irish Sport Horse colt, a Premium Award recipient Oldenburg colt, (both from my Anglo-Trakehner mare that I gave to my friend Jodi as her daughter's first horse) a white, blue eyed, deaf Great Dane (Moose), our new addition, Annakin (a nearly black German Sheppard who was given to us as a companion for Moose after we lost our sweet Patrick & Lupe, Patrick to cancer & Lupe to old age not a month apart!), 2 very spoiled cats (Petey & Fingers McGee, who has 'hands', he's got 6 toes!) and of course my wonderful Tony! I tell everyone I save the best for last but he doesn't see it that way, he thinks the animals come first... I love that guy! He just showed up in my driveway one day & we've been together ever since! It's been 5 years now... <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>