Spicy Indian Potato Cakes
Mashed potato's, spiced with chillies, turmeric and cilantro and then fried. Wonderful way to serve potato with a B.B.Q., goes soooo well with ribs and chicken. There won't be any left over I bet.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb mashed potatoes (powdered potato works well )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 fresh green chilies, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (coriander )
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- Mash the potato and add the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into patties.
- In a non stick pan heat the oil and fry the patties till golden, turn them over and fry the other side.
- Eat while still hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I think the problems I had with this recipe was due to the texture of the mashed potatoes. Mine weren't extremely thick so I had a hard time with them staying together. I also think these would be a good place to hide some veggies if you need to do that for the kiddos. Grated carrot or zuchinni would work IMO. Thank you for sharing the recipe! =)Reply