Spicy Fruit Soup
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- In a large saucepan, combine plums, apricots, raisins, water, orange juice, sugar, tapioca & salt.
- Break cinnamon stick into 3 pieces & put them & the cloves in a cheesecloth bag, then add it to the fruit mixture.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer 30-40 minutes, or until fruit is tender.
- Remove spices & serve either hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so delicious! It goes together very quickly and easily, and the result is so good! I've never had fruit soup, so it was a new experience to me. I used only half the sugar listed because it seemed like all that fruit and juice would make it plenty sweet alone, and it was, for my palate. When it was hot, it reminded me of a spiced rice pudding or a spiced cider--a very delicous, autumn flavor. Cold, it was like pie filling! Yum yum, I might make a pie out of this sometime. Thanks, Syd!