Spicy Eggplant (Terung Balado)
- Ready In:
- 2 Japanese eggplants
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sambal Oelek)
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (more if you like it sweeter) or 1 teaspoon brown sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of a lime
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fried anchovy (optional)
- Cut the eggplant into 1” length. Put the eggplant into a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil and salt to it. Bake them in a pre-heated 375 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat up about 2 tbsp oil. Stir fry garlic and shallots until fragrant and lightly brown. Add in chili paste and chopped tomatoes. Stir fry for a minute and add in the water. Simmer until the sauce reduces to half.
- Add in salt and sugar, lime juice and lastly add in the fried anchovies. Stir until well mix. Pour the.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!