Spicy Dilly Beans
These are great beans to use in Bloody Mary's, or on an appetizer tray, or in your brown bag. I recommend starting with the 1/4 tsp. cayenne unless you know you really like the extra heat. Prep time does not include preparing the jars for canning.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs green beans, washed and trimmed at ends (Do not snap beans)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, per jar (according to your heat preference) or 1/4-1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce per jar (according to your heat preference)
- 2 garlic cloves, per jar, whole and peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds, per jar (optional)
- 1 head dill, per jar (or 1/2 tsp. dill weed)
- 5 cups distilled vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 5 cups water
- Prepare jars for canning.
- Bring vinegar, salt and water to a boil.
- In the bottom each hot sterilized jar, put the garlic cloves, cayenne pepper, mustard seed, and dill.
- Pack jars with fresh green beans, packed lengthwise.
- Do not snap beans.
- Process for 20 minutes at 1000' altitude, or adjust time according to your altitude.