Spicy Cucumber Soup with Yogurt by Sy
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 cups yogurt, rich creamy type (not the non-fat yogurt variety)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled & seeds scooped out and cup up into small pieces
- 1 scallion, chopped up finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (If using a tangy type yogurt, eliminate or use 1 tablespoon)
- Put cucumbers in a bowl or colander and sprinkle with salt and toss; let stand for about 15-30 minutes
- Put yogurt, sour cream and about 1 cup water into a bowl and blend till smooth (Like the consistency of buttermilk)
- Add cucumber, scallion, garlic, lemon, jalapeno pepper to yogurt mixture. Use a motorized hand blender to chop the cucumber finer and leaving some small chunks; not to fine though. (A Braun hand mixer-chopper works well for blending the yogurt in step #2 and this step #3
- Put into refrigerator to chill
- Serve cold and topped with any combo of fresh dill, mint leaves, chivesà Mrs. Dash spices and/or salt to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in Metro New York City, I have a great appreciation of the many cultures and foods from far off lands. I have also traveled extensively around the world, met many wonderful people and tasted some terrific dishes!