Spicy Cottage Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned garbanzo beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chat masala (available in Indian grocery stores)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh chives, to garnish
- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- If you would some crunch, also sprinkle some crushed roasted popadums on top.
Join The Conversation
Thanks for this splendid idea to get more protein into my diet Dimpi. My obgyn recommended cottage cheese as a good protein source for me but since I don't really like it, I had trouble keeping it down. In this recipe, the texture of the chana really helps make the soft cheese more palatable and the chat spice works great too. Some changes I made was to mix some cilantro into it instead of chives and I increased the garbanzo to half cup.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and brought up in a small university town by the south western coast of India, and have been living in various places the last 7 years. I quit my job last year and have been spending hours everyday on 'zaar since then. I enjoy cooking for the most part, especially new recipes. Baking is a relaxing activity for me. My husband and I are beer enthusiasts, and often visit local microbreweries to sample their excellent brew. We love spending time by the water during summers. One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up on the couch on a rainy afternoon, watch the rain through the window while reading a good book with a plate of cake and a cup of strong black coffee.