Spicy Cornish Game Hens – Pressure Cooker
- Ready In:
- 1 Cornish hen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (optional)
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pressure cooker at medium heat, and brown Cornish hen for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, and pour over hen.
- Close lid securely with pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook at high heat until pressure regulator starts to rock.
- Turn heat down to medium high and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let pressure drop on its own.
Join The Conversation
This recipe is quick and easy to put together. I followed the recipe precisely, including the optional green onions. I thought the veggies were wonderful, very tender and flavorful. The game hen was not as tender as I would have anticipated. Overall I thought the dish was good, but not something I would serve to guests or one I would probably make again (I've discovered that I prefer the taste and texture of a roasted game hen). The PC directions were spot on though and easy to follow. Thanks for posting this recipe. It's always exciting and fun to see PC recipes on zaar.