Spicy Chickpea Snack Mix
I just saw a picture of this in Rachel Ray's new magazine, but I couldn't find the recipe in there. I guess somebody made an OOPS. So I Googled it and did find it on her magazine's website. This looks really good! I put garbanzos on my shopping list for this week!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium bowl mix together curry powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Bake the chickpeas on a parchment-lined baking sheet, stirring occasionally, until crunchy, about 60 minutes.
- Cool chickpeas thoroughly and then toss with zest and raisins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved the sweet, spicy salty contrasts in this and the orange zest really makes it special. The only thing that didn't quite do it for me was the chickpeas...they just ended up hard and unpleasant. I followed the directions exactly but used wax paper and I think it is important to stir them about every 15 minutes so they don't burn...which I did. A lower heat may do the trick. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.Reply