Spicy Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 12 ounces taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, diced
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 -5 large bell peppers, green, red, yellow (I like red!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil chicken in a large pot until no longer pink.
- When chicken is done, shred with fork and place in a large skillet with diced tomatoes and green chilies and diced onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place on cookie sheet, cut side down, and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain any juice from peppers.
- Fill pepper halves with chicken mixture. Cover with shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40-45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Mommy to two wonderful boys, ages 2 and 10. I work in the medical field as a Registered Sonographer. In addition to cooking, I love to make jewelry, crochet and try to knit. One interesting thing about me? I'm a certified ghost hunter. I hunt what haunts you! My cooking inspirations include Paula Deen (love that Butta) and my MIL. She's an awesome cook. I've learned so much from her. I'm so happy to be a part of the 'Zaar. This is the best place to find new recipes.