Spicy Chicken Salad With Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Ready In:
Cilantro LIme Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Spicy Chicken Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 roasted red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup black beans
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
To make the dressing:
- Finely chop garlic and ginger in a food processor.
- To the garlic-ginger mixture add the next 8 ingredients (cilantro through parmesan cheese) and puree until blended.
- Add both oils through the food processor shoot to combine.
To make the salad:
- Roast peppers under the broiler until charred on all sides (about 7-10 minutes), Put peppers in a bowl and cover with plasic wrap. Cool until easy to handle. Peel and seed the peppers. Chop peppers.
- Combine peppers and remainder of salad ingredients. Mix with approximately one-half of the cilantro-lime dressing.
- Serves 2 - 4 as an entree.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!