Spicy Chicken Rub
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 whole chickens (4lbs. each)
- In a small bowl, combine all but onion and chicken. Set aside.
- Remove and discard giblets from chicken.
- Rinse chicken cavity and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub each chicken inside and out with reserved spice mixture.
- Place one onion in the cavity of each chicken.
- Place chicken in a resealable bag or double wrap in with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250°F Place chicken in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180°F Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.