Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup - MaeUn Dak GukSu
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A hearty spicy Korean noodle soup.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces udon noodles (fresh or frozen)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 2 green onions
- 6 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄8 onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Chop 1 cup of onions, 1 cup of cabbage, 1 cup of zucchini, ½ cup of carrot, and 2 green onions.
- To make the broth, start with 6 cups of water in a pot and add 4 cloves of garlic, 1 green onion, ½ tsp of peppercorns, and ⅛ of an onion. Add the chicken breast and boil on medium-high for 25 minutes.
- When it has finished boiling, remove the chicken and set aside. Strain the boiled vegetables and peppercorns from the broth and toss them, reserving the broth. Shred the cooked chicken breast in small pieces.
- Cook the noodles per directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, return the broth to a boil. Add all of the ingredients for the seasoning: 1½ Tbsp of red pepper powder, 1 Tbsp of hot pepper oil, 2 Tbsp of soup soy sauce, 1 tsp of sesame oil, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, and ⅛ tsp of salt. Add the chicken and the rest of the vegetables except for the green onion. The broth will cool because of the additions, so when the soup starts to boil again, cook it for 5 more minutes on high.
- Rinse the noodles in cold water once and drain them. This helps give the noodles good texture. Add the rinsed noodles to the broth mixture. Add the green onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note