SPICY CHICKEN BOMBS
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You have me at Bacon Wrapped
- Ready In:
- 5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 5 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
- 10 -20 slices bacon (depending on if you want to wrap it in 2 slices or 1)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Slice chicken breasts in half (like a hamburger bun), place between wax paper and pound until it’s 1/4″ thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the two cheeses together and smear about 1 Tbsp into each pepper half. Place the pepper on the chicken breast and wrap it up as best you can. (I suggest placing the pepper cheese side down so it gets completely covered by the chicken.).
- Wrap each chicken breast completely with two pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the second half with the other piece of bacon.(I only used one slice each).
- Bake at 400 degrees for the first 20 minutes, turning once to help cook the bacon. (I switched to a new pan at this point because it was so full of bacon grease) Baste with BBQ sauce and continue baking for about 10-15 minutes. (I turned mine of broil for a while to get the bakon crispy. But watch it close so it doesn’t burn I also basted the chicken a few more times).
- You can also cook on a preheated 350 degree grill over indirect heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Turn every 5 minutes and baste with BBQ sauce each time you turn it.
- Read more at http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/entree-chicken/spicy-chicken-bombs#PSo8F2FVuujz3tTE.99.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION