Spicy Cheese Straws
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Combine warm butter, salt, red pepper and room temperature cheese in a food processor.
- Add in flour and blend until mixed well.
- Press thru star shaped cookie press in a continuous ribbon onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 20 minutes until slightly crusty(depending on oven).
I halved the recipe and it still made a ton, about 4 dozen. I added a teaspoon of garlic powder for extra flavor and because I'm a garlic fanatic. The dough was a little too stiff to come out of my cookie press so rolled it by hand into small balls and flattened them into wafers. They came out crispy and delicious. This recipe is a keeper. Definitely part of my holiday baking this year.
This is the best classic cheese straw recipe. I made these for Christmas and used a cookie press with the Christmas Tree disk and several other shapes...they turned out beautifully! This recipe makes a ton. I had three gallon ziploc baggies full. I will definately be using this recipe again and again! Enjoy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in NJ and work for a fun candy company. I love to cook and I often whip things up in my head on the way home from work. I try to keep it healthy, using lower fat/calorie alternatives without sacrificing on taste. I'd have to say my favorite cookbook is the one I've compiled myself with recipes from various magazines, family/friends, and this wonderful website!! In my free time I love to play golf, eat, drink and be merry!