Spicy Broccoli Bruschetta Spread
- Ready In:
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook broccoli in boiling water, salted, for about 12 minutes or until tender and drain.
- In a small skillet cook onion, garlic and red pepper in hot oil until onion is cooked (10 minutes).
- In a food processor, combine broccoli, onion mixture and cheese; process until smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature, spread on Italian toasted bread rounds.
- And good for you too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a "newbee" to this site, but not to cooking. I love great food and to share recipes and this site is great! I don't know where the information of a "fry cook" came from, but I would consider myself anything else but that :) A NYC girl originally, lived in London and Canada where I am now. Met lots of interesting people along life's way who taught me a great deal and enriched my life with their knowledge of cooking. With my children now adults, the family has doubled in size and my commitment to making memories to pass down to another generation inspires me to cooking. I find cooking a creative expression of one's personality and never tire of new challenges in the kitchen.