Spicy Bratwurst Linguine
I had a barbecue and had a dozen leftover cheesy brats (because the cheeseburgers were so good). I made up this spicy creation to fix my problem and it turned out to be one of my favorites. You can also sub in fresh Italian Sausage and it is very tasty.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, rough chop
- 1 green bell pepper, rough chop (or any color)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, fresh are even better
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 8 spicy bratwursts or 8 regular bratwursts
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces linguine
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a large skillet, also begin boiling water for linguine.
- Add garlic stir for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms and pepper.
- Add spices (cayenne, crushed red, and Italian seasoning) stir for 3 minute.
- Cut bratwurst on an angle add them along with cherry tomato halves to skillet (Let cook for 5 min).
- Add crushed tomatoes then 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, stir in to mixture and simmer for 5 min or so.
- Scoop sauce onto linguine and garnish side with fresh green peppers, use the rest of the parmesan for on top. I also like to garnish the top with a small amount of sliced up scallions.