Spicy Apricot Lamb Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 500 g lean lamb leg steaks (or casserole lamb for slow cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot (I left these out) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 300 ml medium salsa
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- Pre-heat oven to 180.C.
- Cut lamb into cubes and cut apricots, if using, in half.
- Coat lamb in flour and place in a non-stick pan coated in oil to brown and seal in the juices.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a large oven-proof casserole dish (with a lid) and stir until combined.
- Place lid on casserole dish and cook for approx 90 mins or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Melbourne I live on a 5 acre property in the Dandenong Ranges Victoria, Australia, having moved from the burbs when I became pregnant with my now 15 year old daughter Alyssa. Once my daughter was born I became a stay at home mum as I couldn't bear the thought of putting her in daycare. She is the light of my life, I never imagined myself as a mum when younger but now wouldn't have it any other way. Alyssa was made a big sister on the 19th April 2010 when our cheeky little boy Blake was born. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes so quickly become addicted to Zaar as it was previously known & still use it regularly. In addition to being my kids taxi :lol: I also spend my time, reading, gardening and of course shopping. I'm lucky enough that we have the space & so love growing our own fruits, vegies & herbs, this also means we have plenty of room for animals & at the moment have 2 dogs, Max, a Jackshund who's 6, Fletcher, a Kelpie who's 4, 6 cats Snowpea, Fergus, Ginger, Tango, Annie & Cookie, 4 chooks & 2 Ducks. As well as our pets, we also have a lot of native animals around our area, we have kangaroos, wombats, echidna's, possums as well as rosella's, galah's & Cockatoo's hence the name of where I live..