Spiced Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 9" pie
- 2 store bought pie crusts or 2 homemade pie crusts
- 3 cups strawberries, halved (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, to brush on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Make the crust/roll out the crust on a lightly floured surface. Place into the pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate. Make a lattice top over the strawberry mixture and pinch the edges together well.
- Mix the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water in a small mixing bowl and brush on top of the lattice and edges of the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven (on a foiled lined baking sheet) for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or cold (for breakfast!). Yes, it's OK to eat this for breakfast! ;).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.