- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 8 oranges
- Peel oranges, removing all pith. Slice thickly and arrange in shallow dish.
- Place orange juice, sugar, zest and Ras el Hanout in saucepan and bring to boil stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil for about 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken syrup.
- Remove from heat, add rose water then cool.
- Pour syrup over orange slices.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a rural area 30 minutes from the City of Adelaide. I have 3 children and spend an inordinate amount of time chasing around after them! I enjoy cooking and reading about all kinds of food (but perhaps not vegan - never really did get the hang of that), although driving the kids here and there cramps up my cooking time and motivation some days. I love cookbooks and have recently started to collect very old cookbooks, mostly from the 19th century. I love all books actually and, if I could get away with it, I would spend half the day with my nose in a book. I also adore where we live, which is in the Adelaide hills. We live on top of a hill with gorgeous views out over the vineyards and across valleys. It is nice to be so close to the vines because I also have a fondness for sauvignon blanc, a lot of which is grown here! <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG"/> <img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/Food%20Photos%202008/herbspicesticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/ZaarBanners/527c0bbf.gif">