Spiced Cherry Jam, Small Batch
photo by bakedapple42
- Ready In:
4-5 4 oz. jars
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh tart red cherries, pitted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ball real fruit classic pectin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Pit cherries, then process cherries and their juice in a food processor or chop finely by hand.
- Pour cherries and lemon juice into a non-reactive saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Gradually stir in pectin with a whisk. Bring mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Add in the sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Return to a boil, boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam from top with a slotted spoon.
- Pour carefully into 4 oz. jars.
- Wipe rims of jars, place lids on and screw bands on just finger tight.
- Process sealed jars in a hot water bath canner for 10 minutes to seal.
- Place jars onto a dishcloth-covered countertop or cutting board to cool.
- Do not move the jars until they are cooled.
- After they are cooled, test the seals by pressing the center of lid with your finger. If the lids springs up when you lift your finger, it is NOT sealed. Refrigerate any unsealed jars of jam and use them within a few days. Sealed jars are good stored in a dry place for up to a year.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to bake and cook new recipes. I also like to create my own recipes from scratch. Having a large family means I'm always looking for easy,inexpensive,and healthy meals to serve.