Spiced Bulghar Wheat With Roasted Peppers
I am always looking for different ways to cook bulgar. Unique ingredients but sounds good. Posted ZWT7.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup vegetable stock, hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morroccan mixed spice or 1 large pinch each ground cumin and ground cinnamon
- zest 1 lemon, juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 8 ounces roasted peppers, drained and torn into shreds
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves only
- In a large microwave proof bowl, cover bulghar wheat with stock.
- Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 4 minutes Set aside, covered; it will absorb the stock within another 5 minutes.
- Make a dressing with spice mix, lemon zest and juice and olive oil, then season to taste. Add the onion, chickpeas, peppers and coriander, toss through the cooked bulghar wheat and serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION