Spiced Basmati Rice with Peas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- In a medium sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add rice, stir and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add up to 1/4 cup water if rice becomes dry.
- In a heavy skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat until fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Stir often.
- Add to rice and stir to blend.
- Add peas and stir.
- Season with lemon juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this to accompany a mild curry, everyone liked it. Next time, I think I would grind the cumin seeds. The whole spices could be a little bitter when biting into them, but overall it was very nice. I rinsed the Basmati and let it sit in the colander while the water came to a boil. It came out perfectly separate and fluffy. I might add lemon zest next time for a bit of extra lemony kick.Reply
I served this rice dish this evening with our fish and it was delicious! I didn't have Cumin Seeds on hand so I substituted a very reduced amound of ground cumin seed. I added a couple tablespoons of butter and some salt with the freshly squeezed lemon juice. I will definitely prepare this again! We loved it!6Reply
see 2 more