Spiced Apple Quinoa Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Sunset. Some people rinse their quinoa. I never do.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 delicious apple (1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- butter lettuce leaf, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan, combine quinoa and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, turn heat low, cover, and simmer until grain is tender to bite, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, apple juice concentrate, allspice, pepper, and garlic. Mix with cool quinoa.
- Core apple and cut in 1/4-inch cubes. Mix apple, carrot, onion, and mint with quinoa.
- Mound salad on a lettuce-lined platter. Add salt to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION