Spice Pancakes With Oatmeal
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, ground fine in blender
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- Grind oats in blender into powder. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add oil, milk, vanilla, and sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl [if desired, I usually just add them all the the wet bowl and then stir], combine spices, salt, flour, oats and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir only until mixed [it will look a little lumpy].
- Pour by 1/4 cup onto non-stick griddle, or into greased frying pan [however you normally cook your pancakes].
- When edges are try and tops are bubbly, flip and cook until they reach a golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> thanks for your reviews tweetyfan! :D