Spent-Grain Bread Machine Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a BM recipe using "spent-grain", from brewing. I got it off www.homebrewtalk.com. I'm posting here in case the discussion gets deleted.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄8 cups water (or the wort the grain is used to make)
- 3 cups bread flour (white, wheat or a combination)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup spent grain (or more)
- Add everything to the Bread machine, in the order listed. (If your grain is particularly wet, you may need to add more flour.).
- If your Bread Machine has "Large loaf"and "Dark crust" settings use those. Otherwise, you could just use the machine to mix the dough then bake it in the oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with a glass of whatever beer the grain was from.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION