Speedy Bread on Hot Stone
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 2 -4 tablespoons additional flour
- Mix well all the ingredients in a bowl or with the food processor.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with 1 tablespoon flour and let raise 30 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons flour on a baking foil on a big plate.
- Use a spatula and if necessary some flour to detach the dough from the bowl and transfer on the baking foil.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of flour on the dough.
- Place the dough in a lukewarm oven (40°C/105°F) or in a warm place and let double its volume.
- 30 Minutes before baking place your baking stone in the oven and preheat at 475°F (250°C) (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Place a bowl with hot water on the bottom of the oven.
- Transfer the foil with the dough (leave the foil under the dough if it's easier for you!) on the stone.
- Bake about 30 Minutes or until nicely brown at 475°F (250°C).
- Let cool down on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation