This is an excellent spedini recipe adapted from an Italian cookbook, but using sandwich steak, making it very easy and economical and very very tasty! Update: Try using a thin sliced sirloin steak for an incredible flavor!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sandwich steaks tastes even better with a thinly sliced sirloin steaks (preferrably wide cut, works better to fill and close)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, with
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Pound steak with a meat hammer to tenderize. Brush pounded steak with olive oil and crushed garlic. Stack and cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Slice raw bacon, fry and crumble, set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmasan cheese, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Top each piece of steak with the breadcrumb mixture, sprinkle with some bacon and a slice of provolone cheese. Roll and close with toothpicks.
- Fry the spedini's in olive oil to brown.
- Pour 1/2 the marinara sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place spedinis on sauce and pour the remainng sauce over the top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and cooked through.
- Great served over Angel Hair pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hey my family is Sicilian and brought spedini to the New World a century ago. Spedini in our family is always made with pork and not beef. Again the meat is thinly sliced and made into little pockets filled with the bread crumb mixture and either broiled in the oven or roasted over the outdoor fire. Amazing and delicious.Reply
Someone needs to correct the per serving nutritional info. It is way off. This sodium amount is off the charts for something with no added salt. Plus the protein is way off as well. No way are you getting 63 grams of protein in a single serving. Please recheck and correct this. All of the stats are overestimated. I am cooking this tonight and will be keeping track of everything that is in each serving so I can gage a correct estimate of nutritional factsReplies 1
see 3 more