Speckled Chocolate Cake With Ganache
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 8" springform pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment and butter the parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the 1/2 c butter to the sugar mixture. Stir in the chopped chocolate gently.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour gently.
- Stir in 1/3 of the egg white folding together as lightly as possible.
- Repeat, alternating between the flour and the egg whites.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
- To prepare gananche, heat the cream until hot but not boiling.
- Pour the crean over the chocolate.
- Stir occasionally while mixture is cooling. When completely cooled, beat with electric mixer until fluffy, 5-10 minutes. Do not overbeat or the mixture will be very stiff and hard to spread.
- Place the cake back into the springform pan and top with the ganache. Wrap and chill until firm.
- Remove from pan and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an artist and flute player who gets crazy and nuts-o if I don't get some baking/cooking time in my week. I plan parties just so I can cook and I also take food to all of the neighbors--especially families with teenage boys. Because we are recent empty-nesters, we just can't eat it all.